Super Seed 600 g by Garden of Life
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- A whole food blend of seeds, sprouted grains, and legumes containing both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Contains ingredients specifically chosen for their ability to support normal gut flora balance, regular bowel function, and overall health
- Dietary fiber in Super Seed supports normal cardiovascular health
- Super Seed provides naturally occurring Omega-3 fatty acids
- The flax in Super Seed supports healthy estrogen metabolism and breast health in women, and supports normal prostate health in men
- Good source of protein from beans and legumes
- Super Seed does not contain any added sugars or artificial ingredients such as sweeteners, colorings or flavorings, unlike many popular mass market fiber supplements
- Two servings of Super Seed provide over 50% of the Daily Value for fiber
- Select ingredients in Super Seed are fermented using Garden of Life’s proprietary Poten-Zyme process to make nutrients more available to the body
- Most of the fiber in Super Seed is soluble. Each serving provides over 5g of soluble fiber from whole food ingredients
Super Seed is a powerful whole food formula that is an excellent source of dietary fiber. The ingredients in Super Seed were specifically chosen for their exceptional ability to support and maintain optimal bowel health and function.
What is dietary fiber?
Fiber is a complex carbohydrate which is found in plants. The body does not digest fiber; instead the fiber component of food passes through the digestive system. There are two types of fiber - soluble and insoluble fiber. Much like it sounds, soluble fiber is fiber that dissolves in water and insoluble fiber is fiber that does not. The best way to get fiber is through a whole food diet of fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds and legumes.
The role fiber plays in a healthy diet became apparent at the turn of the century. Diets previously high in dietary fiber were altered to include the new “wonder foods,” refined sugar and milled flour. The increased use of these foods, which were devoid of dietary fiber, led to a theory that connected a lack of fiber and the overall state of health. Several generations later, up to 100 million Americans experience some form of occasional digestive discomfort.
Super Seed was formulated to include naturally occurring soluble and insoluble fiber from carefully selected grains, seeds and legumes that are easy on the gastrointestinal system. Super Seed does NOT include psyllium husk, which provides no nutritional value.
How does Super Seed support normal gut flora balance?
Super Seed contains fiber components that act as prebiotics to support normal gut flora balance.
Why is dietary fiber important?
Vibrant health begins in the colon, and supplying your body with adequate dietary fiber every day is essential to colon function and overall health.
What makes Super Seed better than other fiber supplements?
Many other fiber supplements rely on insoluble fiber alone and provide very little in the way of nutrition. Super Seed contains both naturally occurring soluble and insoluble fiber from carefully selected grains, seeds and legumes that are easy on the gastrointestinal system. Additionally, Super Seed contains no psyllium.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 scoop with any food or beverage (room temperature or cooler) and consume immediately. Super Seed is a powder blend that can be mixed in smoothies, vegetable or fruit juices, cereal, yogurt or soup. In fact, Super Seed can add nutritional value and fiber to nearly any food or beverage.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 1 Scoop (about 20 g)
Servings per Container: 30
| ||Amount Per Serving || % Daily Value|
|Total Calories ||80 || |
|Calories from Fat ||20 || |
|Total Fat ||2.5 g ||4%|
| Saturated Fat ||0 g ||0%|
|Cholesterol ||0 mg ||0%|
|Sodium ||15 mg ||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate ||8 g ||4%|
| Dietary Fiber ||7 g ||28%|
| Soluble Fiber ||5 g || |
| Insoluble Fiber ||2 g || |
| Sugars ||<1 g ||*|
|Protein ||7 g ||13%|
|Vitamin C ||2.5 mg ||4%|
|Calcium ||67 mg ||7%|
|Iron ||1.7 mg ||9%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Alpha Linolenic Acid) ||1.1 g ||*|
|Perfect Fiber Blend: |
Flax Seed Meal‡, Whole Chia Seed
|18,360 mg ||*|
|Poten-Zyme Whole Food Fiber Blend: |
Amaranth Sprout‡, Quinoa Sprout‡, Millet Sprout‡, Buckwheat Sprout‡, Garbanzo Bean Sprout, Kidney Bean Sprout, Lintil Sprout, Adzuki Sprout, Flax Sprout, Sunflower Sprout, Pumpkin Sprout, Chia Sprout, Sesame Sprout
|1,500 mg ||*|
|Cinnamon‡ ||124 mg ||*|
|Stevia ||16 mg ||*|
|Proprietary Probiotic BlendLactobacillus Plantarum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus acidophilus ||2 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
100 % Vegetarian.
This product is made with 100 % natural ingredients. Color and taste may vary from lot to lot.
Warning: As with any dietary supplement consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant or nursing, or under medical supervision.
Product ID: GL11138
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $16.59
You can also order by calling