Omega-Zyme 180 Caplets by Garden of Life
Digestive Enzyme Blend
- Provides 20 different vegetarian digestive enzymes that help you process proteins, carbohydrates, fats and difficult-to-digest foods like broccoli, nuts, seeds and beans
- A great way to get the enzymes you need is to consume a diet high in “live” raw and fermented foods, and/or to supplement your diet with digestive enzymes such as those found in Omega-Zyme
The human body is capable of accomplishing incredible feats and overcoming obstacles, provided that it receives proper, wholesome nutrition. Consuming enzyme rich foods and/or highly active enzyme supplements like Omega-Zyme are two valuable approaches to ensure your body gets the enzymes it needs to support healthy digestion which is essential to overall health.
A Broad Spectrum Approach to Enzyme Supplementation
Omega-Zyme provides 20 different digestive enzymes. Each of these enzymes has a specific function. For example, the protease blend aids the digestion and utilization of dietary proteins. Amylase digests starch, lipase digests fats, and lactase digests the milk sugar lactose. Garden of Life understands that having a broad range of enzymes to support the digestion of a multitude of nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract is vital to the efficacy of the product. Additionally, Garden of Life believes that enzyme viability at different pH levels is equally important. Omega-Zyme was specifically formulated to include enzymes that are active across different pH levels.
With 20 different digestive enzymes, Omega-Zyme provides a broad array of enzymes to help your body process a wide variety of foods.
What are enzymes and why do I need them?
Enzymes are protein-like substances that act as catalysts for all chemical reactions in the body. Enzymes help maintain the body’s tissues, orchestrate its functions and digest food. There are three kinds of enzymes:
Metabolic Enzymes — spark many of the reactions inside cells, enabling our organs, tissues, and cells to work properly.
Food Enzymes — supplied by what we eat, they help break down food before our digestive enzymes are called upon. The majority of food enzymes are destroyed at temperatures above 118ºF, so nearly all cooked and processed foods are devoid of them.
Indigenous Digestive Enzymes — secreted by the pancreas into the small intestine, they break down the nutrients in the foods we eat that have not already been broken down by food enzymes.
Garden of Life believes that enzymes are perhaps our most important and overlooked dietary component. Before the advent of modern food processing, we ate a diet that was rich in “live” raw and fermented foods. These foods contained many of the food enzymes that our diet lacks today. Food enzymes aid in the digestion of food. Without them, the body must produce more digestive enzymes to break down the nutrients in the food we consume.
A great way to get the enzymes you need is to consume a diet high in “live” raw and fermented foods, and/or to supplement your diet with digestive enzymes such as those found in Omega-Zyme.
What makes Omega-Zyme different from other enzyme supplements?
Omega-Zyme is one of the most complex and comprehensive digestive enzyme products available, with 20 different digestive enzymes. Plus, it is formulated with one of the highest activity levels for individual enzymes.
What’s in Omega-Zyme?
Omega-Zyme contains potent enzymes that support the digestion of a multitude of nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract, including:
- Protease blend of five proteolytic enzymes aids digestion and utilization of dietary proteins
- Amylase digests starch
- Lipase digests fats
- Glucoamylase breaks down starch-like carbohydrates
- Malt diastase (maltase) digests maltose based carbohydrates or malt found in grains
- Invertase (sucrase) is an enzyme that breaks down sucrose into glucose and fructose
- alpha-Galactosidase helps digestion of difficult-to-digest foods such as beans, legumes and cruciferous vegetables
- Lactase digests the milk sugar lactose
- Cellulase digests fiber cellulose into smaller units
- Xylanase breaks down xylose, also called wood sugar
- Pectinase breaks down carbohydrates such as pectin, found in the pulp of many fruits
- Hemicellulase breaks down carbohydrates widely present in plant foods
- Phytase breaks down phytic acid present in many difficult-to-digest grains and beans. Research supports the view that phytic acid present in plant foods interferes with digestion of proteins and utilization of many important minerals, such as zinc, magnesium, and iron
- Beta-glucanase breaks down bulky beta-glucan molecules into smaller units
- Bromelain, derived from pineapple, breaks down a broad variety of proteins
- Papain, derived from papaya, also digests proteins into peptides and amino acids
Suggested Use: Adults take 1-4 caplets with each meal, and 1-2 caplets with each snack.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 1 Caplet
Servings per Container: 180
| ||Amount Per Serving || % Daily Value|
|Calories ||0 || |
|Total Carbohydrate ||<1 g ||<1%|
|Proprietary n-zimes Blend™ ||573mg ||*|
|Protease Blend (4.5, 6.0) ||50,000 HUT ||*|
|Protease 3.0 ||21 SAPU ||*|
|Neutral Bacterial Protease ||4,400 PC ||*|
|Peptidase ||2,200 HUT ||*|
|Bromelain ||220,000 FCCPU ||*|
|Papain ||276,000 FCCPU ||*|
|Lipase ||5000 FIP ||*|
|Amylase ||22,000 DU ||*|
|Glucoamylase ||28.5 AGU ||*|
|Malt Diastase ||185 DP ||*|
|Invertase ||62 SU ||*|
|Lactase ||825 ALU ||*|
|alpha-Galactosidase ||475 GaLU ||*|
|Cellulase ||663 CU ||*|
|Pectinase ||15.5 endo-PG ||*|
|Xylanase ||550 XU ||*|
(Phytase, Hemicellulase, beta-Glucanase)
|110 MU ||*|
|Poten-Zyme Botanical Blend |
Ginger (root and juice), Cat's Claw (root), Barley Grass Juice‡, Turmeric (root).
|252 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable coating, sodium croscarmellose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), silicon dioxide, probiotic cultures.
100% vegetarian. Contains no artificial colors or preservatives.
This product is made with natural ingredients. Color may vary from lot to lot.
Warning: As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing or under medical supervision.
Product ID: GL11202
Your Price: $39.95
You can also order by calling