During the past decade, green tea has received attention for its role in promoting healthy body weight. Its principal polyphenolic component, epigallocatechin-3-gallate or EGCG, works via multiple mechanisms, supporting healthy glucose absorption and insulin levels already within normal range. It may also promote a healthy resting metabolic rate.
Epigallocatechin-3-gallate is a powerful antioxidant which has been the subject of extensive scientific research. The antioxidant activity of EGCG is about 25–100 times that of vitamins C and E. One cup of green tea provides roughly 200 mg of polyphenols and has antioxidant effects that are greater than a serving of broccoli, spinach, carrots or strawberries.
One capsule of Life Extension's Mega Green Tea Extract provides more polyphenols than you get from drinking three cups of green tea. This 98% green tea extract (lightly caffeinated) is standardized to provide high potency EGCG, by far the most important polyphenol green tea provides. And green tea powdered extracts have been shown to absorb 60%-90% better into the bloodstream and to be far more bioavailable than drinking green tea itself.
Green tea has been shown to provide many benefits including:
- Scavenging reactive oxygen species such as superoxide and the hydroxyl and peroxyl radical
- Fluid-stabilizing properties
- Possibly promoting weight loss
- Boosting the effectiveness of enzymatic phase II detoxification
- Helping maintain healthy cell proliferation
- Helping maintain healthy blood cholesterol, LDL and triglyceride levels already within normal range
- Enhancing immune function
- Displaying protective effects on brain tissues
Mega Green Tea Extract has been concentrated and dual standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency and biological activity. This advanced extract contains 98% total polyphenols and 45% epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG).
Life Extension's advanced green tea extract is now enhanced with the polyphenol chlorogenic acid from CoffeeGenic Green Coffee Extract. CoffeeGenic Green Coffee Extract is produced through a patented extraction process to deliver an extraordinarily high proportion of chlorogenic acid for maximum potency. Chlorogenic acid found in green coffee bean extract has been clinically shown to limit dangerous after-meal glucose surges. The coffee beans sourced for CoffeeGenic Green Coffee Extract are organically grown.
- Take one capsule twice daily before the two heaviest meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Each serving contains approximately 4.25 mg of caffeine (the amount found in 1/10 cup brewed green tea).