Brain Shield 60 Vegetarian caps by Life Extension
Your brain is under constant onslaught from environmental and stress-related challenges, as well as normal aging processes. Fortunately, our brain cells have built-in, self-healing systems that provide natural defenses against these ongoing threats. Even more remarkable, molecular science is revealing that the human brain has the capacity to preserve the neurons involved in brain remodeling (plasticity).
Scientists in China and Singapore have found that gastrodin, a compound typically derived from a traditional Chinese orchid (Gastrodia elata), provides powerful support for the brain's normal defenses and regenerative mechanisms. To make these benefits available to members, Life Extension introduces Brain Shield, providing 300 mg of gastrodin in each capsule for maximum brain support.
Recent studies confirm that the gastrodin in Brain Shield is one of the most powerful compounds for supporting healthy brain function at any age. Gastrodin works by the following mechanisms:
- To retain normal function, the aging brain relies on adequate blood flow to get sufficient oxygen and fuel. It has been repeatedly shown that formulas containing gastrodin beneficially support normal, healthy levels of brain blood flow in both animals and in humans.
- The body maintains a delicate balance of neurotransmitters, such as GABA, which is of tremendous importance to healthy brain function. Studies show that alone or in combination the active compounds in gastrodin help maintain healthy levels of vital neurotransmitters in those whose levels are already within the normal range.
- With aging, short-term memory function is often impaired. Studies show that gastrodin and its active constituents help support the healthy body's normal defenses against the mild memory problems associated with aging.
- Scientists have shown that the breakdown metabolites of gastrodin help provide support against the normal stress and tension of daily life.
- And Brain Shield helps alleviate the occasional cranial pain associated with daily life.
Suggested Use: Take one capsule twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings per Container: 60
| ||Amount |
| % Daily Value|
|Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate) ||20 mg ||2%|
|Brain Shield Gastrodin ||300 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, silica, vegetable stearate.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
60 Vegetarian Capsules
Product ID: LX18026
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $24.75
You can also order by calling
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Betterhealthinternational.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.