Tri Sugar Shield 60 Vegetarian caps by Life Extension
Many aging individuals find themselves under assault from rising blood sugar levels. Despite a healthy diet and exercise, blood sugar levels can rise due to a number of factors including excess gluconeogenesis where by the liver produces glucose from protein. Another issue is the rapid conversion of any starch, including whole grains, into glucose. The result is that even health-conscious, active people can experience higher-than-desired blood sugar levels as they age.
An all-natural, multi-pronged approach has been designed to support the natural balance of key glucose pathways. Tri Sugar Shield provides three plant-derived nutrients that—through their rich array of complementary mechanisms—afford an unrivaled level of optimal, broad-spectrum support for healthy glucose metabolism in aging individuals within normal range.
Life Extension Tri Sugar Shield contains the following three nutrients:
Sorghum Bran Extract
Sorghum is a grass plant found in Southern Asia that helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, among those in the normal range, by modulating four different mechanisms:
- Balances the rate of sugar manufacture in the liver (gluconeogenesis).
- Promotes insulin sensitivity.
- Regulates PPAR-gamma, a metabolic thermostat controlling glucose metabolism.
- Regulates the enzyme alpha-amylase, which in turn controls the release of sugar found in starch.
Mulberry leaf extract
Mulberry leaf has been used in Chinese traditional medicine for centuries. Mulberry leaf extract targets three different mechanisms:
- Targets the alpha-glucosidase enzyme to regulate conversion of starch into glucose.
- Supports glucose transporter GLUT4 that moves glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle and liver cells.
- Promotes insulin sensitivity.
Phloridzin is a natural polyphenol found in various fruit trees. Phloridzin helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, among those in the normal range by:
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT1, in turn helping to block the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream.
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT2, in turn supporting glucose elimination via urine.
By targeting all of these diverse glucose pathways, Life Extension Tri Sugar Shield delivers the widest possible support to help naturally stabilize already healthy glucose levels.
Suggested Use: Take one capsule twice daily immediately before the heaviest carbohydrate or sugar containing meals/ drinks, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 1 Vegetarain Capsule
Servings per Container: 60
| ||Amount |
| % Daily Value|
|Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate) ||20 mg ||2%|
|Sorghum bran (Sorghum bicolor) extract [providing 270 mg proanthocyanidins] ||300 mg ||*|
|White mulberry extract (leaf) [providing 7.5 mg 1-deoxynojirimycin] ||150 mg ||*|
|Phloridzin [from apple extract (root bark)] ||50 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, silica, vegetable stearate.
Warning: If you are taking blood glucose lowering medication, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
60 Vegetarian Capsules
Product ID: LX18036
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $27.00
You can also order by calling
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Betterhealthinternational.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.