Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ 120 caps by Life Extension
Back in year 2001, we at Life Extension faced a dilemma. Potent nutrients had been discovered to counteract undesirable age-related changes. Yet the cost of the individual ingredients was too high. So we combined these nutrients into one formula so consumers could obtain them at an affordable price.
Over the years, the published data about the amino acid taurine has grown enormously. In addition to protecting cardiac function, taurine has demonstrated powerful brain-boosting effects that include enhancing neurites and promoting new brain cell formation.
These new findings indicate that taurine is more important to supplement with than acetyl-l-carnitine arginate. In addition, taurine costs much less than acetyl-l-carnitine arginate.
So we’ve re-formulated the popular Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer using taurine and reduced the retail price over 20%.
Aging is characterized by inflammation, glycation, mitochondrial decay, and loss of cellular structure/function. Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer provides the following nutrients to help neutralize these changes:
- CARNOSINE: As humans age, proteins in their bodies become irreversibly damaged by glycation reactions. Glycation can lead to alterations of normal cell function. Carnosine is a powerful anti-glycating agent, and protects neurons against reactive and cytotoxic protein carbonyl species associated with normal aging.
- PQQ: This micronutrient has been shown to trigger the growth of new mitochondria in aging cells! PQQ also activates genes involved in protecting the delicate structures within the mitochondria.
- LUTEOLIN: Systemic inflammation is involved in most consequences of aging. Culprits behind inflammatory reactions are pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Luteolin is a flavonoid that has been shown to help suppress these inflammatory cytokines.
- BENFOTIAMINE: Benfotiamine blocks multiple destructive biochemical pathways, including AGEs’ formation pathway, which is induced by higher than desirable blood glucose levels. Benfotiamine can activate glucose metabolism and promote already healthy blood glucose levels. In addition, benfotiamine exhibits direct antioxidative capacity and supports DNA function.
- PYRIDOXAL 5’-PHOSPHATE: Aging results in the formation of advanced glycation end products throughout the body. Pyridoxal 5’-phosphate is the active form of vitamin B6 that has been shown to protect against both lipid and protein glycation reactions.
- R-LIPOIC ACID: Destructive free radical activity in the mitochondria plays a major role in the loss of cellular vitality. A microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced R-lipoic acid facilitates youthful mitochondrial energy output while guarding against free radicals.
- TAURINE: This free amino acid supports whole-body health and boosts new brain cell formation in the area of the brain connected to learning and memory.
- Take two (2) capsules twice daily, preferably early in the day or all at once upon wakening, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product can be taken with or without food.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 4 Capsules
Servings per Container: 30
| ||Amount |
| % Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate) ||100 mg ||5000%|
|Sodium ||18 mg ||1%|
|Carnosine ||1000 mg ||*|
|L-Taurine ||800 mg ||*|
|Benfotiamine ||150 mg ||*|
|R-Lipoic Acid (as microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced® stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate) ||150 mg ||*|
|BioPQQ® Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt ||10 mg ||*|
|Luteolin [from orange extract (fruit)] ||8 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, candelilla wax, beeswax, stearic acid, silica, corn starch, acacia gum, calcium silicate.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Product ID: LX18681
Your Price: $54.00
You can also order by calling
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Betterhealthinternational.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.