TMG Powder 50 Grams by Life Extension
TMG is also called glycine betaine, but the name “trimethylglycine” signifies that it has three methyl groups attached to each molecule of glycine. Betaine was discovered to be beneficial to heart health back in the 1950s. TMG operates along a different pathway than the B vitamins. TMG acts as a “methyl donor,” providing extra methyl groups to hasten the conversion of homocysteine back to methionine. When a TMG methyl group is donated to a molecule of homocysteine, it converts to the non-toxic amino acid, methionine, and then into S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe). Research showing TMG’s ability to promote healthy levels of homocysteine, alone or in conjunction with other nutrients, confirms its status as an important nutrient for cardiovascular health. For example, in a recent cross-sectional survey study, participants who consumed >360 mg/d of betaine had, on average, 10% lower concentrations of homocysteine and 19% lower concentrations of C-reactive protein than did those who consumed <260 mg/d.
- Take one rounded scoop one to two times daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- TMG should be taken with co-factors vitamins B6, B12, and folic acid.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 1 Rounded Scoop
Servings per Container: 100
| ||Amount |
| % Daily Value|
|Trimethylglycine (TMG, also called Betaine but not betaine HCl) ||500 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: none.
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Warning: If muscle tension or headaches occur, reduce dose or discontinue product, and inform your physician if they do not subside.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase of out seal is broken or damaged
- if you have a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Product ID: LX34905
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $10.50
You can also order by calling