SAMe (S-Adenosyl-Methionine) 200 mg 20 Enteric Coated Tabs by Life Extension
SAMe (S-adenosyl-methionine) is an amino acid derivative normally synthesized in the body. SAMe is used by the body in three important pathways:
- Methylation (contributing methyl groups to activate certain molecules)
- The synthesis of polyamines (for cell growth, gene expression, neuronal regeneration, etc.)
- Trans-sulfuration (synthesis of cysteine, glutathione, and other sulfate chemicals)
SAMe occurs naturally in the body; it is concentrated in the liver and brain and is a major methyl donor in the synthesis of hormones, nucleic acids, proteins, and phospholipids, catecholamines, and other neurotransmitters, such as dopamine and serotonin. SAMe is required for the synthesis of norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin, and also plays a role in other intracellular metabolic pathways. SAMe facilitates glutathione usage and maintains acetylcholine levels, which help enhance or maintain cognitive function and attenuate or prevent aggression of aging and neurodegeneration.
SAMe levels may become depleted from sickness and age. Supplementation of the co-factors — folate, trimethylglycine (TMG or betaine), vitamins B6 and B12, together with SAMe — appears to be an effective method to overcome this deficiency. There is evidence that SAMe helps to synthesize phosphatidylcholine, which keeps cell membranes fluid, and is used in the brain to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
In 2002, an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services conducted a meticulous evaluation of SAMe. Their findings show the efficacy of SAMe in helping maintain stable mood and joint function, without any side effects. Since aging people often suffer joint discomfort and immobilization, SAMe addresses multiple problems people face as they grow older. In addition, SAMe has multi-modal mechanisms of action that are used throughout the body, and especially in the liver, which help maintain liver health. SAMe facilitates healthy methylation enzymatic processes and boosts hepatic levels of the critical antioxidant glutathione. When liver function is compromised, glutathione is depleted, which leads to free radical damage.
- 1200–1600 mg daily in divided doses on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Take folic acid, vitamins B12 and B6 when using SAMe.
- Taking this product with food may prevent gastro-intestinal upset.
- Store in a cool dry place.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 2 Tablets
Servings per Container: 10
| ||Amount |
| % Daily Value|
|S-Adenosyl-Methionine ||400 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: cellulose, mannitol, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose phthalate, citric acid, sodium starch glycolate, glyceryl triacetate, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, silica, titanium dioxide, yellow ochre.
Contains soybeans. Contains yeast.
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), tree nuts, wheat, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Warning: At levels above 400 mg daily, SAMe may cause dry mouth, restlessness and gastrointestinal problems. Cutting back on dosage and then increasing it slowly should alleviate these symptoms. Taking this product with food may prevent gastrointestinal problems. SAMe should not be taken by those diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase of out seal is broken or damaged
- if you have a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
20 Enteric Coated Tablets
Product ID: LX35802
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $12.00
You can also order by calling