Super Ginkgo Extract 28/7 120 mg 100 caps by Life Extension
For nearly 2800 years, the Chinese have used extracts from the Ginkgo biloba tree to treat a variety of conditions. Ginkgo helps promote healthy brain, metabolic, and cardiovascular function (i.e., blood, blood vessels, circulation). Ginkgo contains numerous antioxidants such as proanthocyanidins and flavonoids that counteract free radical activity. Flavonoids are also known to strengthen capillaries, which can promote healthy blood flow to the brain to help maintain cognitive health.
- Help maintain normal circulation by dilating blood vessels and reducing the stickiness of blood platelets
- Help maintain the normal function and tone of blood vessels,153 and maintain a normal blood flow
- Maintain already normal oxygen and glucose metabolism in the brain
- Maintain normal coagulation of blood
- Reduce tissue damage caused by low blood flow
- Help control radiation-induced brain edemax in vitro
- Help slow the aging process in the brain
Ginkgo biloba extract is reputed as a neuroprotective antioxidant agent.169 It is known to protect the energy-producing mitochondria within the cells, thus enhancing oxygen utilization and cellular respiration.
In a study to determine whether ginkgo extract could prevent age-associated cellular changes, the brain and liver mitochondria of old mice fed ginkgo extract in their drinking water was compared to those of young and old control mice. Mitochondria from the rats given ginkgo exhibited significantly less genetic damage, peroxide generation, and oxidation of the crucial antioxidant glutathione than non-supplemented rats. In addition, mitochondria from old rats given the ginkgo extract resembled those of young rats much more closely, being similar in size and morphology. The study concluded that standardized ginkgo extract prevents age-related decline in mitochondrial structure and function by protecting mitochondria from oxidative damage.
The Japanese premium-quality bio-chemical extract in Super Ginkgo has been concentrated and dual-standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency and biological activity.
Suggested Use: Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 100
| ||Amount |
| % Daily Value|
|Ginkgo biloba leaf powder extract [std. to 33.6 mg (28%) ginkgo flavonglycosides, 8.4 mg (7%) terpene lactones, and no more than 1 ppm ginkgolic acid] ||120 mg ||*|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable stearate, gelatin, purified water.
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or corn. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Warning: If you are taking anticoagulants or MAO inhibitors, consult your doctor before taking ginkgo.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you have had a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating
Product ID: LX50410
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $21.75
You can also order by calling