Lycopene Cream 1 oz (30 ml) by Life Extension
Only a small fraction of the lycopene you eat ever reaches your skin. Because the lycopene in raw tomatoes is tightly bound to indigestible fiber, little of it is absorbed by your body. And most of the lycopene that is ingested gets deposited in fat-rich organs such as your eyes, adrenal glands, colon, and liver; instead of your skin.
The good news is the fat soluble nature and small molecule size of this plant nutrient make it more easily absorbed when applied topically to the lipid-rich environment of the skin!
Cosmesis has created a topical lycopene formulation in an antioxidant cream format. Applied directly to the delicate tissue of the face, Cosmesis Lycopene Cream, with its unique combination of lycopene and extracts of green, red, and white tea, provides targeted support against the visible effects of UV radiation and oxidative stress.
Research suggests that antioxidants work synergistically so Cosmesis has incorporated a concentrated tea blend extract, containing polyphenol-rich components of red, green, and white tea. Because of this, the protective effects of both lycopene and the tea extract bioactives can combine to support the ability of healthy human skin to maintain its normal growth and repair, while providing natural protection against free radicals, and optimal defense against the visible effects of UV radiation.
Lycopene, a potent antioxidant carotene, supports your body's natural defenses against the visible signs of UV damage, oxidative stress, and premature aging by:
- Coordinating skin cell behavior: Lycopene can improve the operation of "gap junctions," unique channels that connect one cell to the next to facilitate communication and the passing of molecules and ions between cells.
- Promoting normal antioxidant activity: Lycopene is a potent scavenger of the free radicals that contribute to aging.
- Strengthening your skin's collagen: Lycopene can help inhibit the activity of enzymes involved in the destruction of collagen.
- Supporting your body's normal protection of skin-cell DNA: Lycopene can help support the skin's natural ability to ease inflammation, promote cell renewal, and aid in the protection of DNA from the destructive ravages of UVB exposure.
Suggested Use: Apply a sparing amount morning and night to protect and rejuvenate skin
Purified water (aqua), cetearyl alcohol, squalane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 60, lycopene, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyglycerin, concentrated tea blend extract
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- If product contacts eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- If rash or irritation occurs, please discontinue use.
- Not tested on animals.
1 oz (30 ml)
Product ID: LX80146
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $21.00
You can also order by calling