OptiZinc 30 mg 90 Vegetarian Caps by Life Extension
Zinc: Promoting immune function and more
Zinc is a mineral that stimulates the activity of approximately 100 enzymes, which are substances that promote biochemical reactions in your body. These reactions are essential for the formation of superoxide dismutase, one of the body’s most important free radical scavengers. Zinc also promotes immune function, taste sensitivity, protein and DNA synthesis, insulin production, reproductive organ development and sperm motility. Zinc also supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence.
Zinc deficiency and the need for zinc supplements
Age-related declines in immune function are associated with zinc deficiency, and the elderly represent a group that is vulnerable to mild zinc deficiency. Certain aspects of immune function in the elderly have been found to improve with zinc supplementation.
OptiZinc is a superior bioavailable form of zinc.Suggested Use:
- Take one capsule, one to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- The number of capsules you take will depend on the amount of zinc in other products you are taking.
- Most people's intake of zinc should not exceed 90 mg a day.
| SUPPLEMENT FACTS |
Serving size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 90
| ||Amount |
| % Daily Value|
|Zinc1 (as zinc methionate) ||30 mg ||200%|
|* Daily Value Not Established|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|1 ||OptiZinc® is a registered trademark of InterHealth Nutritionals, Inc.|
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable capsule, magnesium stearate, silica.
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or corn. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Warning: Supplemental zinc can inhibit the absorption and availability of iron and copper. If more than 50 mg of supplemental zinc is taken daily, 2 mg of supplemental copper should also be taken to prevent deficiency. Calcium in combination with phytic acid reduces zinc absorption. Chronic ingestion of more than 300 mg of zinc daily may be toxic. Zinc should not be used in mega-amounts. A study showed that if 300 mg per day were ingested, white cell function of the immune system could be impaired. Also, copper should be supplemented while using doses of zinc over the recommended intakes.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you have had a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating
90 Vegetarian Capsules
Product ID: LX91509
Suggested Retail Price:
Your Price: $4.46
You can also order by calling