Life Extension Buffered Vitamin C Powder 454 g
Product ID: LX08445
UPC Code: 737870084457
Shipping Weight: 1.2000 lbs
Life Extension Buffered Vitamin C Powder 454 g Product Details
Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a white, crystalline, water-soluble substance found in citrus fruits. As an antioxidant, vitamin C scavenges free radicals in the body and protects tissues from oxidative stress. Vitamin C also promotes the absorption of iron, while preventing its oxidation. Vitamin C is a vital cofactor to the formation of collagen, the connective tissue that supports arterial walls, skin, bones, and teeth. A major immune-supporting activity of vitamin C is boosting glutathione levels in human lymphocytes, cells that make up about 25% of all white cells in the blood.
More vitamin C is contained in the adrenal glands than any other organ in the body and is required at higher levels during times of stress. Physical stresses on the body such as ingestion of heavy metals, cigarette smoking, immune impairment, extreme temperatures, and chronic use of certain medications such as aspirin also signal the need for increased intake of vitamin C.
Vitamin C Powder contains four buffering minerals, in addition to ascorbic acid. When mixed with water, this product produces a reduced-acid solution that is non-irritating to the stomach and intestinal lining. The minerals also make it a more pleasant-tasting and healthful drink. The substances used in this product make it effervesce for a short while when it is mixed with water.
- Mix one teaspoon of Buffered Vitamin C Powder into a glass of water. Wait for the fizz to stop before consuming. The minerals buffer out the normally acidic vitamin C to make a pleasant tasting drink.
- To ensure product consistency store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Serving Size: 1 rounded teaspoon (approximately 5 g)
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||4000 mg||6667%|
|Calcium (as calcium carbonate)||145 mg||15%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium carbonate)||55 mg||14%|
|Zinc (as zinc gluconate)||2 mg||13%|
|Potassium (as potassium carbonate)||365 mg||10%|
|* Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: None
Consuming high doses of this highly potent product can initially cause diarrhea, especially when taken on an empty stomach. Take with meals starting off low and gradually increasing the dose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating