Life Extension Optimized Tryptophan Plus 90 Vegetarian Capsules
Product ID: LX17219
UPC Code: 737870172192
Shipping Weight: 0.2300 lbs
Life Extension Optimized Tryptophan Plus 90 Vegetarian Capsules Product Details
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter in the brain associated with positive moods and restful sleep. To produce and maintain optimum serotonin levels, your body requires tryptophan, an essential amino acid the body can’t produce.
In the body, tryptophan has been shown to improve sleep, enhance mood, and modulate stress. So Life Extension offers Optimized Tryptophan Plus to broadly and powerfully support tryptophan levels already within the normal range.
The basis for this formula is premium L-tryptophan, which has undergone significantly more rigorous manufacturing processes than regular tryptophan material to assure the highest purity and safety.
In addition to an optimum amount of premium tryptophan … this formula also provides a unique, balanced supply of other nutrients found to help maintain tryptophan activity in the body. Those nutrients include lysine, niacinamide, and extracts of hops and rosemary to provide nutritive support for the body’s production of serotonin.
- Take up to three capsules all at once before bedtime, or one capsule on an empty stomach before each meal, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- For maximum absorption take with a small amount of carbohydrate, such as diluted juice.
- Best if taken separately from protein or amino acids.
Serving Size: 3 vegetarian capsules
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||66 mg||330%|
|L-Lysine (as L-Lysine HCl)||250 mg||*|
|Proprietary Tryptophan Plus BlendPerluxan® Hops Standardized Extract (Humulus lupulus) (cones) and Ursole™ Rosemary standardized Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis) (leaves)||285 mg||*|
|* Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, modified food starch, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, medium chain triglycerides.
Consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking prescription medications (e.g. MAOI and SSRI antidepressants) for depression. Concomitant use of L-tryptophan with antidepressant medications has the potential to increase the risk of serotonin syndrome, characterized by symptoms like confusion, sweating, agitation, nausea, involuntary muscle contractions, and racing heartbeat. Do not use L-tryptophan before driving or operating heavy machinery.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.