Life Extension TMG 500 mg 60 Vegetarian Liquid Capsules
Product ID: LX18596
UPC Code: 737870185963
Shipping Weight: 0.5200 lbs
Life Extension TMG 500 mg 60 Vegetarian Liquid Capsules Product Details
Trimethylglycine (TMG) is also called glycine betaine, but the name trimethylglycine signifies that it has three methyl groups attached to each molecule of glycine. TMG was discovered to be beneficial to heart health back in the 1950s. TMG operates along a pathway similar to that of vitamin B12. It is a “methyl donor,” providing extra methyl groups to hasten the conversion of homocysteine back to methionine. When a TMG methyl group is donated to a molecule of homocysteine, it converts to the non-toxic amino acid, methionine. Research showing TMG’s ability to promote healthy levels of homocysteine, alone or in conjunction with other nutrients, confirms its status as an important nutrient for cardiovascular health. For example, in a recent cross-sectional survey study, participants who consumed >360 mg/d of TMG had, on average, 10% lower concentrations of homocysteine and 19% lower concentrations of C-reactive protein than those participants who consumed <260 mg/d.
- Take two capsules in the morning with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- TMG should be taken with co-factors B6, B12, and folic acid.
Serving Size: 2 vegetarian liquid capsules
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Trimethylglycine (TMG) (as betaine anhydrous)||1000 mg||*|
|* Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Glycerin, vegetable cellulose (capsule), purified water.
If muscle tension or headaches occur, reduce dose or discontinue product, and inform your physician if they do not subside.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.